As per updated provincial health measures (April 7th, 2021), libraries must be physically closed to the public.
This page contains information on steps Parkland is taking in response to the evolving situation.
Parkland Headquarters Services, updated as of February 2021:
– Accrual of fines has been disabled for all libraries due to the restricted access of public library services in response to the pandemic.
– Cataloguing, Ordering and Materials Processing are continuing as usual
– Remote consulting support is always available via telephone and email. Consultants may provide on-site visits and training following safety protocols. Contact your consultant for more information.
– Van runs will continue as usual. If you will not be accepting van runs and if there are changes to your current services, please notify your consultant.
– InterLibrary Loan (Alberta Wide Borrowing) services resumed on Thursday, February 11, 2021. Provincial ILL service will be continuing as normal during this return to reduced service levels, including patron access to Relais and material delivery between nodes through courier.
– All notices have been reverted back to their original messaging.
– Special announcement notices have been placed on all library websites. You can contact helpdesk if you would like your banner modified, or fill out the website updates form.
Important! Please DO NOT attempt to access Leap from a personal device. If you are working remotely and have a PRL given laptop you may access Leap. However, do not access from a personal laptop, tablet, desktop, or mobile device.
Need assistance? Please contact us!
Check out our Resources for Libraries page with COVID-19 Information, programming resources, mental health and wellness support, and learning opportunities. Our COVID-19 Resources web page has resources and information for the public as we cope with the pandemic.
Marketing material can be found on the Q: Drive > Advocacy and Marketing
April 8th– PRLS Updates, PLSB Updates, Library News, Resources
Visit our PRL COVID-19 Email Updates Archive page for all email updates, beginning on March 1
More information can be found at the following Government of Alberta websites:
Relaunch Guidance for Libraries
COVID related information posters and fact sheets
Government of Alberta COVID-19 Information for Albertans
Infection Prevention and Control Principles for repacking masks
We encourage all library boards and managers to keep health and safety concerns at the forefront of all decisions. Please contact Public Library Services Branch, Municipal Affairs if you need additional information or guidance.
- Last Updated: April 8th, 2021.