Polaris Leap: Basic Circulation Training Video
Checking In / Out
- Adding Items and Serials
- Manage Item Records
- Searching for Patrons, holds, bibliographic and Item Records
- Offline Circulation (note that offline circulation should only be used when instructed by PRL)
- Receipt Printer Settings
- Record Sets
Mail to My Address
Please contact your consultant before beginning the Inventory process.
- In Polaris Leap, set the Check In mode to Inventory
- Begin scanning items into the blue highlighted box. It is recommended to scan items from shelf in order (Dewey or Alphabetical).
- If you receive a notification that the item is unavailable, missing, or in-process, hit okay and continue scanning. These items will be fixed later. If you receive a notification that the item is claimed returned, or lost, set it aside to check it in manually after you have completed your inventory. You may have to refund relevant charges to the patron’s account.
- When you’ve finished scanning, whether it be the whole library or one collection, contact your consultant. Your consultant will run reports and make appropriate changes:
– Items that were inventoried but have a circulation status of not available (Status Unavailable, Missing, In-Processing etc.) will be changed to available.
– Items that were not inventoried but have a circulation status of available will be changed to missing.
- You will then be given the reports so you can look for the missing items.